[wp-hackers] RTE

Justin Moore wantmoore at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 14:19:22 GMT 2006

On 9/14/06, Craig <nuclearmoose at gmail.com> wrote:
> Or just get rid of the damn thing and let someone write an RTE plugin.

+1

I would *love* to see this abstracted into a plugin. Sure, include the
plugin by default and even activated by default if need be, but I
think having TinyMCE totally self-contained in a plugin so that we can
completely disable or even permanently delete it would be super slick.
Surely that would satisfy the power users as well as give the
"regular" users the RTE that their hearts so desire.

I think it'd be interesting to see some stats from WP.com on how many
active users are actually using TinyMCE as opposed to the quicktags
interface.

--
Justin Moore
aka wantmoore