[wp-hackers] RTE

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 10:15:41 GMT 2006

On 9/14/06, Craig <nuclearmoose at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a reason why a person can't choose to activate the RTE from the
> WRITE panel?

Somewhere I did a patch that lets you toggle between RTE/quicktags. It
requires the RTE to be switched on in the profile because otherwise
the required js is not loaded. It would be possible to code it so the
RTE can be flicked on during an edit. This probably should be done.

However it should always remain a per-user option settable on another
page; I've seen certain instances of IE6 regularly crash by TinyMCE
until it was switched off.

Andy