[wp-hackers] Revised Login Form Complete!

Charles lists06 at wiltgen.net
Mon Sep 11 17:40:18 GMT 2006

>> ... I'd much rather have a conditional comment for IE, so that
IE-specific stuff only gets downloaded by IE, than bloat all of the CSS with
hacks.

> I agree, I think that browser specific stylesheets are a great way to
handle this. It keeps the main stuff clean and only burdens browsers that
don't behave properly. *Much* better than mucking up the CSS with a bunch of
hacks.

That's generally frowned upon since it requires browser-sniffing (which is
bad).

"Hacking" doesn't always have a negative connotation.  Hacks to handle
browser-specific exceptions are well-known and well-documented, and
generally add only a few bytes to a stylesheet.  The CSS wiki also points to
(sometimes tricky) ways to avoid browser-specific CSS hacks.

-- Charles