[wp-hackers] Proposal: Merge wp-register.php and wp-login.php

Viper007Bond lists at viper007bond.com
Sat Sep 9 08:21:45 GMT 2006

I've noticed that the top part of the login / registration / etc. form
code is in the 2 files like 6 times in whole.

I was thinking of making some mini-functions within wp-login.php to
output the top and bottom parts of the HTML so that it's all in one
place (rather than duplicated multiple times).

Thoughts on this?

Oh, and you can checkout what I have so far here:

http://test.viper007bond.com/wordpress-latest/wp-login.php

The only new things really so far are just some tweaking. The whole top
is now a link to WordPress.org in FF rather than just a little bit and
the bottom links are rearranged and such. Still some issues in IE
though, but those were in the current SVN copy too.

-Viper