[wp-hackers] Thoughts on Ultimate Tag Warrior

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 19:33:41 GMT 2006

On 9/5/06, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:

> Michael B wrote:
> > Is it fair to base the future  of  WordPress  on  comments from bloggers
> at
> > wp.com?  Specifically beginners who don't work with modifying or editing
> > their template files?
>
> To me, what people do is much more interesting than what they say. That
> said, "categories" is the last feature in WP I would have expected to be
> on top.

I am also basing my point on the time I spent in the forums over the past
year and a half, specifically before UTW was released (and Bunny's tagging
app was updated), when people were looking to implement tagging systems, and
Technorati was more of a rage.  As I stated, users who've been with WP since
1.5 wanted a tagging system.  Many discussions, and implementations arose.

I still stand by my point, and question.  Is this about new users, and users
of WP since 2.0?

<http://akismet.com>~miklb