[wp-hackers] Putting mod_rewrite rules in httpd.conf

Paul Menard codehooligans at codehooligans.com
Mon Sep 4 22:51:50 GMT 2006

Yeah sorry. The line 'AllowOverride Al' was the original line.
Agreed. Now that I moved the rewrite rules to the httpd.conf I no
longer need this and can allow the global setting to apply.

As for the change in the Permalinks I mentioned. What I meant was the
warning or error or whatever it is if you attempt to update the rules
and you do not have an .htaccess file. You get the message something
like 'Please update your .htaccess file.' I'm sure I've mis-quoted so
no flaming please. Anyway it's not an error and correct the rewrite
rules in the httpd.conf don't need to change.

P-