[wp-hackers] Thoughts on Ultimate Tag Warrior

Paul Menard codehooligans at codehooligans.com
Mon Sep 4 13:57:40 GMT 2006

I use it (UTW Plugin) on my blog/site. Mostly because I was new to
tagging and really liked the idea of offering a tag cloud to the
user. Since my initial install of this plug I've come across other
coding examples to build my own tag cloud. Here is one: http://
www.codeprofessor.com/journal/2006/03/15/building-a-tag-cloud-in-
wordpress/

I've also not come to the understanding that WP can use it's own
categories as well tags. I had no idea this was so functional. I tend
to think of content categories as a separate concept from tags. Here
is a article I read a while back that for some reason set my bias
against using categories as tags. http://lorelle.wordpress.com/
2006/03/01/tags-are-not-categories-got-it/. since reading through
these emails I've been playing with just using categories and setting
up my permalinks so my posts show up in the URL like '/tag/...'.
Seems simple enough and functional.

All of this makes me wonder about this WP pages http://wordpress.com/
tags/ Are tags being offered in the next WP release?

P-