[wp-hackers] Thoughts on Ultimate Tag Warrior

Lloyd D Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 22:06:12 GMT 2006

I agree with the suggestion to take a step back with looking at it as
a question of user experience without the hefty weight of the terms
categories and tags.

Based on the discussion so far the general goals seems to be:
* navigation
* searchability

Navigation: generally it seems that an interface for visitors that has
a few terms is desirable. Things like "personal", "shopping", "job",
etc. For a publisher it is desirably also being able to choose easily
from this few categories.

Searchability: the ability to improve searchability by having many
terms associated with a post.

(Term recommendation was also mentioned, but I generally dislike the
concept of "white sheep" terming unless it is purely synonym
searching, and that should really be handled on the search engine
side, but it is not currently)

Other concepts mentioned:

Hierarchy: hierarchy is useful for navigation. My experience has been
that most people only create shallow, simply hierarchies, if at all.

Relationships over hierarchy  seem more interesting to me.

What else?