[wp-hackers] Thoughts on Ultimate Tag Warrior

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sun Sep 3 06:32:02 GMT 2006

Sean Hickey wrote:
> I also have hundreds of tags, and I don't want to see a long list of
> tags similar to the list of categories on the write page.  So even if
> they're some what similar on the backend, they need to be treated
> differently.

Yep, that's another UI issue. When we originally added the on-the-fly
tag adding I put a limit on the # of category checkboxes shown on the
write screen and limited it to the top 100 by use.

This limit introduced a bug, which will be fixed before 2.1, which is
why it's temporarily off in the 1.5 series.

If people can to step back from their biases and frustrations and try to
examine the root cause of their thoughts, I think we can come to a nice
middle-of-the-road solution that addresses a good variety of use cases.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com