[wp-hackers] Thoughts on Ultimate Tag Warrior

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sat Sep 2 20:54:09 GMT 2006

Jason Salaz wrote:
> This is kinda off topic because I myself have never used UTW, but I DO
> NOT want categories to go away or be replaced.
> I love tags, I love categories, each have their own seperate roles,
> and bringing them together makes excellent classification and
> organization possible.

Our tag/category system is pretty flexible and *can be used for either*
transparently on the backend. Some people are religious about one or the
other, nothing said on this list is going to change their minds. I see
them as a difference in UI, not anything fundamentally different in storage.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com