[wp-hackers] Akismet is conspiring against me ;)

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Mon Oct 30 04:49:03 GMT 2006

Gah! - Hate to double-post, but here goes:

You must realize that the email blacklist or domain blacklists for the
username field are only a small part of Akismet's workings. Not having the
fortune to _be_ Matt, I can't tell you the exact recipe ;)

But I can tell you that in my experience the _content_ of a message is more
important than the actual domain or email address: most spam sites spring up
overnight, and their email addresses are usually @legitdomains.com - domain
spoofing.

At a guess - I'd say something about you has been _manually_ spanked as
"evil" and blacklisted - that's why bringing attention to it gets akismet
"taught," but then again, I don't really know.

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/