[wp-hackers] Code Tag Driving me Nuts!!

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Sun Oct 29 15:17:48 GMT 2006

I figured it out, sorry for the bother.

It turns out that all 8 code-rendering plugins I had installed were somehow borked in one of the more recent builds.

My code tag was

As an example. Everything within is encoding - i.e. removing the code tag displays it *exactly* as it should.

Instead, it would show this in a "code box" (as my CSS defined it) in the post:
&lt;html&gt;&lt;head&gt;<br />&hellip;<br />&lt;link rel="Stylesheet" href="http://neosmart.net/dynamicCSS.php" type="text/css" media="Screen" /&gt;&lt;/head&gt;.

It was encoding the already encoded HTML.

The broken plugin(s) would go haywire with the presence of the "lang" tag within the code tag. That's what they required in 2.0, but for some reason 2.1 broke it.

Not exactly a bug, not exactly problem with WP - just drove me nuts is all :)

(removing the lang="html" bit fixed it).

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/