[wp-hackers] XMLRPC and the patch

Jens Strobel kelloggz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 21:16:59 GMT 2006

On 10/14/06, Peter Westwood <peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk> wrote:

> [..]

Back for conversation.

According to my testing and code review no change is requried for either
> of these bugs as it works fine.
> (http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1008#comment:9)

In the ticket you write, that there are functions from class-IXR.php which
are decoding the data. I can't see something like this, can you "open my
eyes" please?

I still think the xmlrpc-metaweblog-functions should act like in the
"official" api-doc written and this is: "[..]bits is a base64-encoded binary
value containing the content of the object.[..]"

If you are having issues with image upload over xml-rpc I would try

> disabling all plugins and seeing if any of them interfere.

I don't think this is a problem with Plugins, because the clients send their
data direct to http://blogname/xmlrpc.php i think. So there is no hook,
where a plugin can interact. My written client is using this adress too.

jens