[wp-hackers] readme.txt spec

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 17:42:56 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 00:23 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Pardon my skepticism, but people rarely comply with the accepted
> structure (blame sloppiness and/or misunderstandings). Free-form text
> is a route to problems, confusion and---consequently---support burden.
> One alternative would be to validate or autogenerate a file using, for
> example, a Web-based form on WordPress.org.

I don't see much difference between this readme.txt format and the
format used in the PHP comments at the beginning of a plugin file.

The existing plugin formatting seems to have worked well so far with no
problems, as far as I'm aware. What problems could possibly occur by
doing basically the same thing in a file with a new name?

--
Jeremy Visser
Email: jeremy.visser at gmail.com GPG id: CF13C41A