[wp-hackers] readme.txt spec

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Wed Oct 25 03:44:22 GMT 2006

On Oct 24, 2006, at 8:11 PM, Owen Winkler wrote:

> RedAlt has been parsing these text files forever, and they look
> pretty reasonable to me.  (I'm not sure what's the intention with
> the mentioned markdown requirement though, since the rest of the
> site uses wiki syntax.)

Matt mentioned Markdown about 18 months ago when this readme.txt
thing got started, so I was just going on that.  I do, however, like
the idea of consolidating syntax... Markdown and the Trac wiki syntax
are fairly close with some stuff.  What have people been using so far
in most readme.txt files that you've been parsing?

Your implementation is very nice... I currently have two sets of
rewrite rules (one commented, one not) in my .htaccess that I can use
to point my plugin downloads to download.wordpress.org or your
repository, depending on which of them is being funky on a given
day. ;-)

And as Matt said, any code you'd be willing to share would be greatly
appreciated, especially with regard to readme.txt and plugin parsing
(same goes for you, Firas, if you're still listening and still have
that code kicking around!)

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/