[wp-hackers] Libertus Anti-Spam?

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Tue Oct 10 13:19:03 GMT 2006

>Works for me. Strange.
It's all up now...

And his intro says it all
"I have a theory that what makes a spam message is repetitiveness. My plugin
calculates how repetitive a message is and marks it as 'spam' if the
repetitiveness is too high. It cannot and will not catch all spam, but it
covers those messages that contain long lists of links."

And this uses a standard GZCompress.  I suspect that this will only catch a
certain kind of spam and will have to be tuned to each person's blog
messages. For instance, Pop Song lyrics in a comment would be kicked out
immediately.