Why not upgrade? was (Re: [wp-hackers] Maintenance release, first gate of "is the issue major?")

Trevor Turk trevorturk at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 17:46:17 GMT 2006

I've got another angle on the whole "people aren't upgrading" issue::: Who
Cares? The only thing I can think of that might make upgrading easier is to
run any upgrade.php stuff automatically. That might be dangerous, though, so
I don't think anything is going to change from the technical side. Other
than that - what are you going to do with lazy people that are too lazy to
be bothered to upgrade? You already have a great system that allows people
to use themes/plugins without editing core files - what more could you ask
for?