[wp-hackers] the_content ignoring more

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Oct 5 16:21:45 GMT 2006

Computer Guru wrote:
>> See the function get_the_content() to see where $more is implemented.
>
> I've implemented the same function without the presence of the more
> expansion code...
>
> It's in my CompleteRSS plugin, you can get it here:
> http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=2
>
> The source
> (http://neosmart.net/mint/pepper/orderedlist/downloads/download.php?file=htt
> p%3A//neosmart.net/downloads/software/WordPress/Plugins/CompleteRSS/Complete
> RSS_0.2.phps) is moderately commented, it's the section
> "NST_get_the_content" and it's original WP "get_the_content" but without the
> splitting code (notice how slim it gets!!)

Thanks. This seems to work. However, it returns the unformatted content,
straight out of the database. Now what do I do if I want to format the
content as HTML in the feed? For instance, turning blank lines into
paragraph breaks and so forth.

That is, I want to apply the same formatting WordPress does to the raw
story text before sending it to the browser but in my feed.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!