[wp-hackers] Maintenance release, first gate of "is the issue major?"

Lloyd D Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 19:22:01 GMT 2006

This bug hunt is an awesome success and it is not over yet. While
going to sleep last night, I rememberd a lesson learned in similar
contexts. We probably should have been more conservative on what made
it into 2.0.5 .
http://trac.wordpress.org/query?milestone=2.0.5

Each of the fixes seem to stand on their own, but quantity of change
increases the risk of fault.

In the future, particularly at this "late" maintenance release and
where we are in 2.1 development cycle, lets consider the first gate to
be "is the issue major?"

This is particularly relevant if you are interested in others such as
Debian distributing WordPress.

I don't want to have a 2.0.6. I want us focus on releasing 2.1.

Thank you,
Lloyd