[wp-hackers] WP-Medic?

Lloyd D Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 02:31:23 GMT 2006

On 10/1/06, Robert Deaton <false.hopes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/1/06, Lloyd D Budd <lloydomattic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/1/06, Roland Haeder <webmaster at mxchange.org> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > does someone use WP-Medic in his/her WP installation?
> > >
> > > I just want to say that I have "hacked" wp-medic to get it working with
> > > 2.0.4 :-)
> > >
> > > Here is my little patch:
> > > http://blog.mxchange.org/downloads/wp-medic.zip
> >
> > If GPL'd there is also the opportunity to collaborate on having
> > wp-medic added to wp-plugins.org .
> >
> > It seems that to keep signal to noise as high as possible, plugin
> > announcements are discouraged from wp-hackers.
>
> I personally have been here for years and don't ever remember
> complaints about plugin announcements.

I don't have strong feelings about plugin announcements on this list.
My suggestion was based on what "seems" to be the case to me. I think
if we started seeing many plugin announcements and the plugin
discussions that would result, it would change the dynamics of this
list.

I have only been lurking on this list since mid-May, and I don't
recall seeing plugin announcements. Since following this list more
closely for the last couple of months, I have seen people get "shot
down" for non-"core" discussions.

> Wouldn't your time be better
> spent working on something else, like the debate on what remains
> unmaintained for the longest?

What is your intention of your statement/question about my time? I
haven't found a positive implication.

Thank you,
Lloyd