[wp-hackers] WordPress 2.0 in Debian Stable

Lloyd D Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 22:08:24 GMT 2006

On 10/1/06, Dave W <dabbaking at gmail.com> wrote:
> It can't be that hard to maintain. I mean MediaWiki has three different
> versions going. WordPress is a much smaller application.
> --
> Dave W

I take it you are volunteering?

Maintaining a package in Debian stable is a big commitment. Three
years is forever in Internet time. For us that find 2.0 does
everything we need -- sshhh -- this is more generally a commitment for
security maintenance for the same length of time. Thank you Ryan for
taking this on!

I don't know what you mean by MediaWiki has three different versions
going. I find *zero* packages of mediawiki in Debian stable.
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=MediaWiki&searchon=names&subword=1&version=stable&release=all

Cheers,
Lloyd