[wp-hackers] Improving WordPress' Performance WAS Changing MySQL minimum version

Komra Moriko komra at design4results.com
Thu Nov 30 19:55:40 GMT 2006

My 2c. I have been seriously in the throes of the MT/WP performance
issues for months now. Neither platform really has it nailed. In MT
if you go to static publishing, which is faster for the end user, the
editorial experience is impossibly slow. I finally found and used an
undocumented page caching scheme (built into MT!) to help the overall
scene. Nevertheless, we have bitten the bullet and moved to WP.

On WP, out of the box there are some expensive queries that are
significantly remedied simply by adding indexes to certain tables. We
run one installation under eAccelerator, and one under
phpAccelerator. And after the database optimization, I still plan to
install a hard page caching scheme, since the queries for paged
category archives are the only slow queries that remain. (FWIW, WP-
Cache does not behave well in either install.)

Komra Moriko
http://www.design4results.com