[wp-hackers] Replacing TinyMCE with Xinha

Andy Beard list.andy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 11:55:30 GMT 2006

Peter Westwood wrote:

> I don't see the need for a quick 2.0.5.1 / 2.0.6 in this case - the issue
> is minor and only affects a limited user base - Mark's plugin provides the
> fix for you _if_you need it.

Marks plugin clearly wasn't official, and the way it read to me was that
there was a chance of an official version in the very near future.
Some of the installation instructions require more than most newbie skills.
A newbie is just going to hit the upgrade button in Fantastico.

As for wp-testers, it represents 0.1% of the Wordpress userbase. Has the
number of users grown in proportion to the userbase? I doubt it very much.
What percentage of the testers list are normal users rather than
programmers? Having to join a mailing list to report a bug is not going to
inspire most users.