[wp-hackers] Replacing TinyMCE with Xinha

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Thu Nov 30 09:04:58 GMT 2006

On Nov 30, 2006, at 12:51 AM, John Ha wrote:

> It won't matter which WYSIWYG editor to include with WP, because if
> they are both plugins then either can be activated at the
> discretion of the user. But for those fanatical tinyMCE fans out
> there, I don't see a problem with pre-activating a tinyMCE plugin
> at install time. And for purists like myself, it just makes it a
> little easier just to deactivate it if I don't use it.

That's basically how it works now.  All you have to do is delete the /
wp-includes/js/tinymce/ folder and it will be gone.  I specifically
put in code making sure that simple deletion of TinyMCE would result
in a graceful disappearance.  My little gift to fellow <textarea />
purists.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/