[wp-hackers] Replacing TinyMCE with Xinha

John Ha khanh at netspace.net.au
Thu Nov 30 05:51:51 GMT 2006

I'm not sure about the last instalment, but since it's brought up again, I
thought I'd put in my 2 cents. And yes, the thread did start out with this
premise in mind...

> Moreover, this would be a chance to do something we've long promised and
> talked about: removing the WYSIWYG from the actual WP-Core and making it a
> plugin.

It won't matter which WYSIWYG editor to include with WP, because if they are
both plugins then either can be activated at the discretion of the user. But
for those fanatical tinyMCE fans out there, I don't see a problem with
pre-activating a tinyMCE plugin at install time. And for purists like
myself, it just makes it a little easier just to deactivate it if I don't
use it.