[wp-hackers] Setting post enclosures via XML-RPC

Steve Winton stevewinton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 13:29:07 GMT 2006

WP Gurus...

Further to my previous post on metaWeblog.newMediaObject...

I am trying to publish a podcast remotely via XML-RPC. It's all going
well up to a point - I can upload the MP3 remotely, and publish a post
containing a link to this MP3 in the 'Podcast' category. However, I've
come across 1 issue. When the post is published via
metaWeblog.newPost, the enclosures are not set, which is pretty
crucial for a podcast.

I'm happy to create my own XML-RPC function on the server to create
the enclosures for a post (as far as I can see this is just a case of
adding an 'enclosure' meta field to the post), but can anyone here
give me some pointers of which WP functions I should hook in to, to
achieve this? Or, has anyone got some other workaround for this?

Many thanks,
Steve