[wp-hackers] 2.1 branch

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Wed Nov 22 00:19:44 GMT 2006

___/ On Tue 21 Nov 2006 07:32:41 GMT, [ Sam Angove ] wrote : \___

> On 11/21/06, Computer Guru <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:
>>
>> Didn't we discuss this back in the "120 day release cycle" thread? It
>> was decided that WP as a community works best to release-when-ready
>> and that's the way things work out...
>
> My re-reading of the thread in question [1] gives the opposite
> impression -- most people seemed excited by the prospect of a fixed
> cycle.
>
> I don't see why not. If it doesn't look like it's working, it's the
> easiest thing in the world to revert to "release when ready". Just
> miss the deadline and you're there.
>
> [1]: http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-October/008907.html

The Debian Project and Fedora miss deadlines quite frequently,
for precisely these reasons. Even Ubuntu has joined the club
(belated  6.06  and  a premature release  of  6.10).  What's
probably  more important is a long /support/ cycle, e.g. the
36-month support for inclusion in Debian stable repositories
(separate old thread).

Congrats  to  Automattic,  by the way. Earlier  I  saw  some
graphs  which indicate that WordPress.com is due to overtake
TypePad. So quickly! 100,000 new blogs a day, some day...
Best wishes,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E