[wp-hackers] Changing MySQL minimum version?

Brian Layman Brian at TheCodeCave.com
Sun Nov 19 19:58:55 GMT 2006

> If we're going to increase the minimum version, could we make it at
least 4.1?
> 4.1 introduced subqueries, which I've needed to use on more than one
occasion.
Just a point of information, 1and1.com, "The worlds #1 web host" in
number of sites hosted, runs 4.0.25.

But maybe, just maybe, since their blogging platform provided by their
control panel is Wordpress based, upping the requirement to 4.1 would
push them and others to upgrade.  It's a risk.

Frankly, I wish they'd just upgrade to 5 so I could get stored
procedures.