[wp-hackers] echobig and TinyMCE, and themes/categories

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Fri Nov 17 10:29:51 GMT 2006

On Fri, November 17, 2006 9:35 am, Ian Barber wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm a bit new to the list, so apologies if this stuff is covered
> elsewhere,
> though I did try a search or two. I have two issues that I wouldn't mind
> hearing thoughts on, both apply at least to wordpress 2.0.5 .
>
> 2) For no particularly good reason I wanted a certain category of my blog
> appear under a different theme, but I noticed that theme choosing is done
> before the post detail is populated. I was wondering if there is a
> technical
> reason this couldn't be moved to after the db querying, so that some of
> the
> post information would be available to theme choosing plugins without
> having
> to duplicate work?

If you only want to theme a certain category differently then you can
probably using the 'template_redirect' hook [1][2] to change the theme if
that category is selected.

[1]
http://trac.wordpress.org/browser/tags/2.0.5/wp-includes/template-loader.php#L3
[2] http://wphooks.flatearth.org/hooks/template_redirect/