[wp-hackers] RE: 2.1 Ongoing Work

Petit petit at petitpub.com
Wed Nov 15 17:29:57 GMT 2006

Brian Layman wrote:
>> This debate has been going on for months! Personally I promote
>> 'Links' and I'd much prefer the current set of 'Links' template tags
>>

> Another thought, regarding links/blogroll, occurred to me yesterday.  With
> the increasing use and promotion of WP use as CMS solution, language
> specific to blogging should probably be minimized.  Making WP Blog centric
> will perpetuate the idea that using WP as a CMS is bending it in ways it was
> not meant to be bent.

I belive it *is* something of a tweek, albeit a good one, to recraft
WordPress into a CMS tool.

As for the naming of links, I guess someone "up there" :) has to decide
dictator wise,  what it should be.
This debate only repeating itself since long, so let me repeat the best
suggestion in my opinion.
Links are links so let's call them just that.
Links have categories, so introduce one default category called "Blogroll".
The rational for this wouldn't be all that hard to explain to new
WordPress'ers.

Just my, you know ..
/Petit