[wp-hackers] Subscribed @ dodgeit.com

Roy Schestowitz r at schestowitz.com
Tue Nov 7 06:28:04 GMT 2006

___/ On Mon 06 Nov 2006 21:48:00 GMT, [ Computer Guru ] wrote : \___

> *smile* should be *smirk* instead :P

I  actually  thought  about *grin*, but it  has  a  negative
connotation.  Then I thought of *smirk*, which I rarely  use
because  it  sounds  like "smurf". Also reminds  me  of  the
nickname  of someone whom I corresponded with in ICQ when  I
was 14/15. Anyhoo...

> I like FeedBurner - especially their useful flares and stuff (ok, ok, I'm
> desperately looking for something here!)

FeedBurner  is  a  good  tool for cleaning  up  site  stats,
separating passive readers from the active viewers.

> I give up :D
> I've just re-configured the feedburner link to point to Google Groups
> instead, that seems to work a bit better :) and with more features.
>
> Seriously though: Google + FeedBurner is a good combo.
>
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/wp-hackers

What  would be nice to have is an extension that facilitates
posting.  It  was  over a year ago when Scoble  argued  that
aggregators  were  all one needs (he hasn't much of  a  clue
about  tech,  IMHO), only to realise that  participation  is
missing.  I  prefer newsgroups myself (with KNode).  I  wish
WordPress was a newsgroup; I could never get Gmane to work.

> It uses the auto-convert feature to serve the content in RSS1/2 or Atom0.3/1
> depending on the client.

Isn't RSS 1 kind of "legacy"/backward compatibility thing?

Best wishes,

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E