[wp-hackers] WP Passing GET to CSS?

Russ Gilman-Hunt (YAR) gilmanhunt at comcast.net
Sun Nov 5 07:29:52 GMT 2006

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 00:38:02 +0200
Computer Guru <computerguru at neosmart.net> wrote:

> Because it is giving me a problem with Opera for some reason.
> Opera loads it all corrupt and stuff unless I press F5 (viewing the
> CSS file). It makes it look like loading binary data in the web
> browser (like incorrectly compressed GZIP for instance).
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Firefox, IE7, they show it right. But no matter what Opera doesn't
> seem to render it right the first time.
>
> Computer Guru
> NeoSmart Technologies
> http://neosmart.net/blog/

That's interesting.

I've done that on a few sites; err, without the GET variables. I've
either configured apache to call php for css files or used a php page
for the url in a linked stylesheet.

Example:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://frenzieddaddy.com/stylesheet.php"
type="text/css" />

(If you do this, make sure your php script outputs the text/css header,
duh :) )

I didn't come across any problems with it, but it seemed like ... on
the one hand "great" so that I could define variables (colors, etc) at
the top and adjust them, or adjust them depending on time of day, et
cetera. But it was an added bit of fluff I didn't need.

Any way, I didn't see problems as you're describing, but maybe either
the errors here or the warnings here cause the strange displays in
Opera?

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fneosmart.ath.cx%2Fwordpress%2Fwp-admin%2Fwp-admin.css%3Fversion%3D2.1-alp&usermedium=all

--
Russ Gilman-Hunt