[wp-hackers] Sites running WP

Paul Menard codehooligans at codehooligans.com
Wed May 24 14:46:42 GMT 2006

Well here is the deal. I work for a company that builds websites
for mostly non-profits. These site range in size from 3-5 pages upward
or 100 pages. Most of the larger sites contain blog and news feeds and
2-12 feed categories.

Until last summer we provided CMS abilities by installing and templating
Movable Type. Note for the purpose of this email I'm using CMS to mean
something where the client can maintain thier own content.

Last summer we started a CMS package due diligence. I chose WP as a
possible light-weight alternative to MT and other options like
Accrisoft.

In the minds of many on my tech team members and upper management,
they question if a CMS that generates dynamic pages can handle any
serious load. They actually like the concept in MT where every time
content is added you need to rebuild your pages. I've pointed out that
in recent versions of MT mow implement dynamic page generation.

So this was my reason for asking. Since Thanksgiving 2005 I'm crunched
through a dozen client site using WP. And have become the WP answer man
(I like this title) for project implementations using or considering
WP. I've very
confident in the ability of WP and use of a caching plugin to handle
a moderate
load.

There is a big project under proposal. I'm pushing for WP. Others are
pushing
for MT or other packages.

The key point here is that over the Christmas holiday I converted our
own site to run under WP from MT.
http://www.mindshare.net

P-