[wp-hackers] Akismet problem

CK c at kouloumbris.com
Mon May 22 13:01:47 GMT 2006

> Did it occur to you that you might be in the vanguard for a certain type
> of spam?  Akismet uses metrics collected from every blog it monitors in
> order to try to keep ahead of the spammers' curve - if a particularly
> novel brand of spammer has taken to hitting your blog, then the best
> thing you can do is flag all comments that end up in your moderation
> queue as "spam" and help teach Akismet that there's a new variant on
> comment spam out there.

That's what I've been doing, currently there are around 200 comments
of the same type all marked as spam to teach akismet and they still go
into the moderation queue.

--
Regards,
    CK (Constantinos Kouloumbris)

"A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train
stops. On my desk, I have a workstation…go figure."
~ Steven Wright ~