[wp-hackers] A request.

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Fri May 19 16:49:55 GMT 2006

Vogel, Andrew (vogelap) wrote:
> I swear by
> http://www.dagondesign.com/articles/secure-form-mailer-plugin-for-wordpr
> ess/. It may be able to do what you require.

Sort of - but the other way round.

The end result is that the user authenticates us because they will be
giving us all their webhost details.

Process:
User completes form and is shown a unique code '56789'
They get a confirmation email that also has that code.
We get the completed form and that unique code as well.
The installer then emails saying "Here is the code 56789, you can trust me."
-so we are proving who we are.

How that code is passed from the form to us (email / database) is up for
discussion - I only thought email because it's simple and straightforward.
But generating, displaying and then distributing the code to the two
parties is beyond what we have been doing. If we can get this going and
tested then we can launch the project - it's the final piece of the jigsaw.

P.