[wp-hackers] Atom 1.0 Timeline?

Angsuman Chakraborty angsuman at taragana.com
Tue May 16 11:59:42 GMT 2006

Thanks. I too tried my hand at it Atom 0.3 -> 1.0 conversation.

Few problems I tried to solve were:
1. Generating proper guid for items following diveintomark's suggestion
2. Generating proper urn's for blog id.
3. Converting categories from dc:subject (dublin core spec) to proper atom categories.
4. Few other misc items essentially to not only ensure full compliance with spec (validated) but also to pass as much information as available.

I am planning to do one of the following:
1. Provide a patch for WP core, if Matt & Co. are comfortable integrating it.
2. Release it as a patch / plugin under GPL

Looking for your thoughts / suggestions / procedure guidance.

Best,
Angsuman