[wp-hackers] Better insert and update

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Mon May 15 20:34:16 GMT 2006

I've also often thought of the exact same thing, and then a more
pluggable wpdb object to allow a simple form of database abstraction
for inserts and selects.

On 5/15/06, Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org> wrote:
> You'll probably also need a way to specify a table field filter to get
> rid of alien keys before the actual SQL insert or update statements are
> generated. For example, if a plugin tried something like this, you'd
> generate an error, unless you get rid of the bogus key first:

I don't see the need, before we were allowed to insert any SQL we
wanted, why would we try to work around a non-existant stupidity in
developers? Plus, this could yield unexpected results, like if we
assumed that it was safe to discard the information, at that point,
the developer thinks their information was inserted and can therefore
be selected. We need errors, they were made for a reason.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com