[wp-hackers] Easytags template system

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Thu May 11 10:51:02 GMT 2006

Mark Jaquith wrote:
> As far as advancing the ability of "Joe Blogger" to edit his templates,
> this has a very limited benefit.  That is, it might give someone the
> courage to edit their template a little bit... move things around... but
> eventually (and I'd guess sooner rather than later) they're going to hit
> the wall in terms of exhausting the capabilities of this easytags
> system.

You just described a pretty natural learning curve, which I don't think
is a bad thing. As long as the curve is gentle and doesn't have any big
jumps along the way, an interested person will be able to move up it to
become better and better with the program they're using. This isn't a
bad thing.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com