[wp-hackers] Easytags template system

Joey B tunicwriter at gmail.com
Wed May 10 21:18:28 GMT 2006

On 5/10/06, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> Owen Winkler wrote:
> > Heh.  I wasn't aware that anyone used that page.  :)
>
> Waaaaaay more than I thought.
>
> > Note to others in the thread: Please re-read Matt's reply to mine.
> > Templates wouldn't change, just the admin editor page.  It would have
> > filters that converted things like <wp:loop></wp:loop> into their php
> > counterparts on save, and vice-versa on load.  At no point would a theme
> > file actually contain those tags.  (Right, Matt?)
>
> Correct.

That'd be dumb (no offense). As others have pointed out in this
thread, you do this for the theme editor, you're going to have to do
it for everything. People are going to move from the theme editor to
text editors. Then, they're going to use the easy tags in the text
editors, thinking, "Hey, it works in the theme editor, it should work
here," and then they find they're flat-out wrong. Then it hits the
support forums... and I can just imagine you saying "Oops" now.

--
Joey Brooks
Milk Carton Designs || milkcartondesigns.com