[wp-hackers] Easytags template system

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed May 10 07:12:29 GMT 2006

Joey B wrote:
> I don't think many. It seems to me that the WP templating system is
> already simple. I honestly don't see what's so scary about <?php ..
> ?>.

Neither do I, but so many people have said it so many times over the
years, even if I don't understand it I can't deny that it exists. I
think it's because it *looks* like programming even though it isn't, and
it also has the "<?php" everywhere. Maybe it would be less scary if we
used short tags, but that isn't really an option for us because of
compatibility issues.

What it really comes down to is whatever part of WP makes people feel
dumb should be softened if it's within our ability to do so.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com