[wp-hackers] Easytags template system

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Wed May 10 02:45:58 GMT 2006

On 5/9/06, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> It's generally complimentary, but raises the oft-repeated point that
> people get scared by <?php ... ?> even though most templating systems
> are functionally equivalent to PHP.

Are there studies that indicate that templating systems like MT's
actually are easier to use than PHP?  Considering how most people on
the street are baffled even by HTML, I wonder if <?php the_title(); ?>
is really that much scarier than <MTEntryTitle$>. How many more people
are going to start editing their themes because they can use the
latter instead of the former?