[wp-hackers] Easytags template system

Shawn McKenzie shawn at mckenzies.net
Wed May 10 00:53:52 GMT 2006

A month or so ago I introduced myself and let everyone know that I had
ported my AutoTheme HTML Theme System to Wordpress.  It does exactly
what you have outlined and more.  As for supporting templates from other
systems, AutoTheme is already the predominant theme system for PHP-Nuke,
PostNuke, osCommerce, CRE Loaded shops etc...

I would be happy to answer any questions and provide any
testing/evaluation help that you might need.

There are thousands of AutoTheme themes on the Internet, both free and
commercial.  Yes, some are crappy, but some are very nice also.

AutoTheme goes beyond just templating.  It has taken the approach of a
full theme system that uses templates, not just a template engine or
language.

Also new is the ability to separate all of the side bar content into
individual blocks that can be positioned anywhere on the page.  This is
rudimentary now, but can easily be improved.

I have a demo site up at http://wp.spidean.com.  I would be happy to
give trusted members of this list admin access to see the functionality
so far.

Thanks!
-Shawn