[wp-hackers] Patch for setting thumbnail size

Christian Wach needle at haystack.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 18:14:55 GMT 2006

On 27 Mar 2006, at 18:26, Mark Jaquith wrote:

> There isn't a hook in there for you to use... correct.  Currently,
> you'd have to replace the entire inline-uploading.php file using
> the 'uploading_iframe_src' filter hook.

Interesting...

The most irritating thing about the file uploads for me is that it
does not make use of PHP's FTP functions to perform the final
'upload'. The consequence of this is that all files uploaded through
Wordpress end up owned by 'web', thus trashing any quotas I may set
for a particular FTP user. I suspect this would be a potential
nightmare for anyone who manages a shared server with virtual hosts.

Perhaps a plugin (or the amendment to the core functionality) should
address this too?

BTW, this is my first post to this list - am a great fan of WP apart
from this niggle.

Cheers,

Christian