[wp-hackers] Porting Wordpress to PostgreSQL

Andrew Krespanis leftjustified at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 22:57:51 GMT 2006

On 3/23/06, John Joseph Bachir <jjb at ibiblio.org> wrote:
> hm i still don't get this bit... those two functions use the DBMS' query
> caching? How? It seems like it would make more sense that it is adoDB's
> own subsystem that is independent of the DBMS.

You asked me "how does the abstraction layer take advantage of query
caching beyond what the DBMS does at its end anyway?"  -- by writing
the resultset to file so it doesn't need to make a connection in the
first place :)
adoDB has two levels of caching -- the abstracted implementation of
each DB's query cache and it's own file based recordset cache.

*looks at thread title*
*wonders where  the postgre guys went :-? *