[wp-hackers] Porting Wordpress to PostgreSQL

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 14:43:04 GMT 2006

Hi Everyone,

New guy here :)...

I am very interested in porting WordPress to PostgreSQL. I poked
around on the net a bit and found a *very* outdate port[1] and a forum
thread from a few years ago[2] on this topic. From what I can tell
there is no current progress on porting WP to PostgreSQL which leads
me to have a few questions.

Is there currently an effort (or a plan) to get WP working with post?

If yes where can I find out more about it and help?

If not, are you guys (the devs) interested in collaborating with me to
get WP working on top of post?

I have been using WP for a while and have been very happy with it
aside from the fact that I have to run MySQL soley for WP. Everything
else I run I use with PostgreSQL. Since I am new to WP dev, are there
any special guidelines or anything I should be aware of before diving
in. I will wait for some responses before going any further for now.
Please let me know what you all think.

Thanks,

Matt

[1] http://wordpress-pg.sourceforge.net/