roadmap & wp.org search? -was- Re: [wp-hackers] Wordpress developmentroadmap?

lloyd at foolswisdom.com foolswisdom at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 17:35:24 GMT 2006

On 3/16/06, David Chait <davebytes at comcast.net> wrote:

> Lloyd -
>
> You might want to get on the wp-testers list, as that's likely more
> appropriate for some of this discussion (QA topics, testing, etc.).  I'm
> sure Matt & others will be glad to have a tester on-board.

Hi David, thank you. Yes, I am on the testers list as well, and have posted
my tester questions there, though reading a little in the mailing list
archives. I see a lot of rich discussion about testing and quality on this
list as well ;-)

As for the question of a roadmap, timeline, etc., god only knows.  2.0 was
> the closest to having defined 'goals', but imho development is very
> 'fluid'.
> Certainly a lot is bugfixing or enhancement to existing feature
> areas.  New
> feature areas seem to spring into existance either from particular demand,
> or a particular coder wanting to try something out.  Again, imho. ;)

Fantastic!

For testing to be successful (and also to encourage more participants in
other roles in the community), we need to know where we have been, where we
are, and have estimates on where we are going and when.

--
Peace be in you,
Lloyd D Budd