[wp-hackers] Community Views on Now and the Future

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 22:49:03 GMT 2006

I'm personally still not sure how much more specific notification is
needed. I guess if you all really want the week of notification of the
exact date and time a release will be made, we could tell the devs to
simply tell us the moment they are absolutely ready for release that
it will be released in exactly one week. But of course, for a security
release, this is unacceptable, the release needs to be out as soon as
possible, and I'm sure had the other vulnerabilities that aren't
published yet been made public, there would have been cries for the
opposite side of "the release didn't come fast enough." (I'd like to
make a note that this is not the same as my earlier complaints of
brushing off the fake vulnerability with no official word, before
someone calls me a hypocrite)

On this one, I have to side with Ryan, I think that 2.0.2 had plenty
of release given the circumstances, in fact, you had notice of it
coming out earlier than it actually did.

--
--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com