[wp-hackers] Community Views on Now and the Future

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Fri Mar 10 17:13:25 GMT 2006

Andy Skelton wrote:
> On 3/10/06, Podz <podz at tamba2.org.uk> wrote:
>> David Chait wrote:
>>> I agree... they got MUCH busier, and I'm not sure that the forums themselves
>>> are keeping up with the load.
>> And having releases - like 2.0.2 - with "out in the next several days"
>> as the most notice does not help when I get up this morning and find
>> it's just been let loose.
>
> You don't subscribe to the dev blog feed? I mean, apart from your dashboard ;-)

I removed my dash a very long time ago.

Where is the harm in giving a release day ? I don't mean in advance, I
don't mean several months before. I DO mean when the code has been
judged to be solid enough.
Why not?
After all, at the moment the devs did that you could all have sat back,
breathed a deep sigh and looked forward to a weekend off. Right at that
point someone may have been patching something. Others may have been
upgrading to 2.0.1. So why not say?

Can't the devs see that is actions like this that demonstrate a lot of
the attitude that people like me see and dislike ?

Whatever. Like a damn thing will change.

P.