[wp-hackers] 2.next - plugin options

Kaf Oseo kaf at szub.net
Wed Mar 8 16:25:24 GMT 2006

Mark Jaquith wrote:
> I think that relegating plugin options to a special plugin menu is
> unintuitive.  For example, see where Akismet's menu item is located.

Relegating "single setting" plugins to one sub menu (admittedly not my
first choice on this) would at the very least be a consistent feature,
hence easy to educate users about. I've lost count of the times I've
needed to point out comment settings. Options > Discussion doesn't
appear to be all that intuitive either, but it is easy to remember
once learned.

But an option or "configure" link alongside each plugin listing (at
least those which require such) seems as close to intuitive as one
might expect.

-Kaf