[wp-hackers] 2.next - plugin options

Stefano steagl at people.it
Wed Mar 8 12:24:54 GMT 2006

Il Wed, 08 Mar 2006 01:17:44 -0500, Kaf Oseo <kaf at szub.net> scrive:

>There's a discussion on the forums right now about how best to
>handle the increasing use of option pages by plugins, which is
>beginning to crowd the sub menus for some:
>
>http://wordpress.org/support/topic/63824
>
>I've previously brought up the suggestion Matt Read makes in that
>thread, which is to provide a *master* plugin options page plugin
>devs can hook into when only one-two settings are needed. However,
>I'm wondering if a better alternative would be to add a mechanism
>where a plugin's options is linked from its entry under Plugins.
>
>Thoughts?

Why not to adda  second line submenu devoted only to plugins? This way
the second level menu for WP function wont' get messed up by to many
plugins options and it will be clear at firt look what are the menu
entry  related to WP and what the ones related to plugins.

This solution allow plugins put theyr menu under the right section
without cluttering the WP menu allowing in future adding more option
without subtracting space to plugins entries.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it